Cheese Marketing Specialist
Company: Glanbia Nutritionals
Location: Twin Falls
Posted on: March 3, 2020
Cheese Marketing Specialist
Reports To: Sr. Customer Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing and Insights
Location: Twin Falls, ID
Exempt Status: Exempt
At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers around dairy
and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver
ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the
mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional
nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based
nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of
American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed
the bar and beverage categories - bringing increased levels of
protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to
market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with
manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and
international sales and technical offices around the world.
The Cheese Marketing Specialist is responsible for driving,
managing, strategizing, and executing the product marketing program
for the cheese product segment and driving sales growth to meet
company P&L objectives. This position will also manage the
marketing and insights relationships with key customer accounts. A
hands-on position, responsibilities include acquiring deep
knowledge of the business and the cheese category, collaborating
effectively with PSM/Commercial Sales/R&D/Senior Management,
proactively generating marketing ideas, marketing planning for both
domestic and international cheese markets, project management from
developing to executing marketing programs, creative writing,
creative oversight, managing budgets, meeting deadlines, and
evaluating results. Responsibilities also include serving
additional needs of the Marketing department as required.
- Assist in developing and executing marketing strategies,
objectives, plans and programs for the cheese category for both
international and domestic markets and customers.
- Contribute to identifying emerging domestic and international
market trends and unmet customer needs and distill these insights
into actionable programs to support sales growth and expand the
- Create compelling/memorable messaging and written content for
promotional campaigns across multiple media including printed
materials, direct marketing, web, video, advertising,
presentations, digital, etc. to ensure that programs effectively
deliver business communication priorities.
- Drive customer engagement by actively participating in customer
innovation/learning events, and customer social events.
- Set goals, track and report on effectiveness of marketing
- Execute marketing programs to achieve established targets and
- Continually evaluate plans and programs to identify
opportunities to optimize effectiveness of initiative and
efficiency of marketing spend.
- Collaborate actively and partner effectively with PSM, Sales,
R&D and other business functions to develop and execute
successful activities to serve the needs of the business.
- Monitor and control expenditures to conform to budgetary
- Daily attendance in the Twin Falls, ID offices to interact with
PSM/R&D/and other business functions as needed
- Coordinate and prioritize activity with the Sr. Marketing
Manager to align with the needs of the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Training: Bachelor's degree preferably in Business,
Marketing, or related field
Experience Required: Minimum of 3 years of progressive B2B
marketing management to include:
- Experience in B2B strongly preferred or B2C in consumer product
marketing, food industry experience is a plus
- Proven experience in designing and implementing B2B customer
orientated marketing programs
- Experience in a matrix-designed organization preferred
- Ad agency experience a plus
- Proven experience in executing marketing initiatives including
creating content independently of agency partners.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience in Account Based Marketing and/or product marketing
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form
with co-workers, top management, internal and external customers
including excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Effective collaborator able to work in project teams and across
changing structures within a high-growth business.
- Effective organizational skills in scoping projects tracking
- Ability to be resourceful in locating information needed to
- Excellent content development skills including ability to craft
visual and/or written narratives.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and possess
team-based problem solving skills.
- Must be oriented toward accomplishment of team goals and
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace and deadline oriented
- Ability to handle multiple, rapidly changing and conflicting
- Ability to recognize and drive development of consistently
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to persuade
- Knowledge of nutrition industry and/or food/beverage/supplement
market and trends preferred
- Must be a strategic thinker, highly analytical, with good
problem solving skills.
- Exceptional presentation skills, strong interpersonal, written
and verbal communication skills
- Strong creative skills preferred.
- Solid project management skills and demonstrated ability to
manage large projects across boundaries
Language, Computer & Numeracy:
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
TYPICAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Regularly involves talking or listening, sitting, and the use
of hands and fingers.
- Regularly involves going up and down stairs.
- Frequently involves reaching with hands and arms, standing and
- Occasionally involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or
climbing or balancing.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 40
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with
the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and
- Involves moderate physical activity performing non-strenuous
daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Should be able to identify and distinguish colors, see clearly
at 20 inches or closer and 20 feet or more, observe an area that
can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are
fixed on a given point, judge distances and spatial relationships,
and adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels (i.e. office equipment,
- Periodic domestic and international travel (estimated at 30%),
whatever is required for the project.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or
without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without
causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so
Are you someone who likes to make it happen, make it better and
make it fun? If so, our company offers you an excellent opportunity
to do really interesting work and develop a career in a dynamic and
innovative environment that is all about making you and our
Keywords: Glanbia Nutritionals, Twin Falls , Cheese Marketing Specialist, Advertising , Twin Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!