Lead Guide / Montessori Teacher
Company: Acton Academy Twin Falls
Location: Twin Falls
Posted on: July 28, 2022
*LEAD GUIDE for Kindergarten and Middle School Studios*
*NOTE: When applying, please follow the directions further down the
description that says "Next Steps" or your application will not be
Acton Academy Twin Falls, LLC is seeking guides who are ready to
change the world of education. We have an opening coming July of
2022 for our new pre-school/kindergarten studio and a middle school
Do you believe that children are more powerful than we ever
imagined? Do you believe that children should be the primary
drivers of their learning, the architects of their own education
and life's calling? Do you believe Montessori principles gives
children a solid foundation for learning?
If you answered "yes!" to these questions, then we'd love to
explore how you can join our team of passionate Montessorians,
entrepreneurs, and innovators in a revolutionary school in Twin
*A Deeper Look: *
At Acton Academy, we believe children are on a journey-what we call
the hero's journey-to discover their calling/passions in life. As
part of the journey, children ask themselves: "Who am I? Where am I
going? How do my passions and talents connect with the world around
me? How can I serve a great need and even change the world?"
Students taking charge of their own learning is integral to the
journey at Acton. Acton students challenges to become the agents
and primary drivers of their learning. Acton is a student-driven,
self-paced school that blends Montessori materials, outdoor play,
state-of-the-art software, and hands-on projects, with real-world
applications, Socratic discussions, and the Hero's Journey in a
student-centered, multi- age classroom.
If your goal is to instill your love of learning in others while
advancing in your own professional growth, this is your chance to
get in with one of the world's most innovative schools.
Please take a little time now to explore our website. It is full of
resources regarding our learner-driven community.
School begins mid August and is an 11-month program. We run on 4-7
week sessions with 1-2 week breaks between sessions. We are closed
for six weeks in the summer (July and half of the month of August.)
The Guide should be available to learn and prepare throughout the
summer, especially during the first year after joining Acton
*Position Description: *
The Lead Guide will assistant and support other Guides, Program
Administrator and Founders to:
* Affirm students, holding them accountable to their promises and
to deliver "the best work they can do" as they discover and pursue
a calling on a Hero's Journey.
* Create meaningful exhibitions, ceremonies, and celebrations that
reinforce the rules of engagement, and personal and group covenants
to provide and strengthen a safe learning community.
* Act as a role model as an independent learner on a Hero's
* Launch and lead Socratic discussions.
* Guide Quests (projects), including daily challenges and curating
* Supply Studio environment and set up Studio as inspiration for
* Incorporate Acton programs and self-directed materials and
lessons into 'Core Skills' work time. Observe and track each
* Encourage young learners to track their progress and create
portfolios to show parents, peers and apprenticeship employers what
they can do.
* Uphold promises to students, parents and fellow Guides made in
* Communicate with parents.
* Pass along each of these responsibilities to the children as
quickly as possible, so as to allow them to lead themselves.
* Thoughtfully observe each child as an individual and the group as
a whole to help inspire them along their personal and group
journey. A willingness to be more of an observer than a doer.
* Complete an onboarding "training" period directed by our Program
* Embody a growth mindset and incorporate it into all aspects of
the program including the Guide's own personal development.
* Innovative and entrepreneurial spirit required
* A deep curiosity about life and love of lifelong learning
* Montessori-training and experience strongly encouraged but not
* Nature-based outdoor learning strongly encouraged but not
* Proven excellence in written and oral communication skills
- A degree in education is not necessary. If you have launched a
business or not-for-profit organization or led a major project,
these are also suitable qualifications. Traditional teachers have
the most difficult time adapting to the Acton model. The Guide role
is NOT a "teaching" role and all ego is to be removed.
Instead, successful lead guides at Acton are:
* Masters of observation
* Ability to question and lead Socratically
* Have evident passion for being on a Hero's Journey
This is a position for an independent learner who can work with
little direct guidance; someone who likes to collaborate,
experiment, evaluate and continually improve; someone who has a
deep respect for all children believing that each human has genius
within; and someone who is a flexible problem-solver. It is
essential that this person can learn fast, loves to work hard, and
is an active reader and writer.
*Next Steps: *
If interested, as your *first step* in your audition process,
please read deeply through our website (www.actonacademytf.org) and
the original campus's website (www.actonacademy.org/austin). *Then*
conduct some of your own research on Acton Academy. *Also read*
"Courage to Grow" by Laura Sandefer (original co-founder). Online
or hard copies are available.
*Then* if you feel you understand and connect with our vision,
please submit your *resume and a thoughtful cover letter* that
outlines the following questions:
How do your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the
How is the position part of your own journey?
What you think of unschooling?
And how did you hear about this opportunity?
Acton offers a competitive salary ($36,000-$40,000) commensurate
with experience plus additional bonuses, which include:
50% off your child's tuition, $250/mo. health insurance bonus, if
not covered under another's plan & relocation bonus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Relocation assistance
* Tuition reimbursement
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* No weekends
* Weekends only
* Bonus pay
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Keywords: Acton Academy Twin Falls, Twin Falls , Lead Guide / Montessori Teacher, Education / Teaching , Twin Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!