Fork Truck Operator (Grade 4) - A Shift (6:00 AM to 6:30 PM, every other weekend required)
Location: Twin Falls
Posted on: March 13, 2023
The following is a job description for a fork truck operator in the cold warehouse and what they do in their daily responsibilities. The fork truck operator in this role must be safety and quality oriented; must be clean, follow GMPs, wear proper PPE, and practice good housekeeping; work in a team environment or alone hen required; must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment; maintain good communication with other team members, shift leads, shift supervisor and manager; work in any and all departments if needed; must be flexible to changing schedule and additional hours as needed; must be able to take and fulfill ordered for multiple different items and areas at one time; and must be flexible to work on multiple tasks during the shift.
* Assist other Team Members, Office Clerk, Inventory Lead, and Supervisor
* Train and Share knowledge with team Members to help improve their skills
* Keep well maintained, legible documents and have them turned into the office in a timely manner
* Be involved in implementing solutions and ideas in the department
* Maintain a strong focus on Safety, Quality and Efficiencies
* Work with other departments to create and maintain a "whole team" atmosphere
* Keep areas clean and organized following the 6-S guidelines
* Enforce and observe all safety rules and regulations as put forth by Chobani and OSHA
* Operate all industrial powered vehicles required for assigned area efficiently and in a safe manner
* Properly inspect and receive inbound loads in a timely, safe, and sanitary manner
* Properly inspect and ship outbound loads in a timely, safe, and sanitary manner
* Fill out all necessary paperwork accurately, legibly and correctly for each load
* Properly store all goods in proper locations to avoid improper rotation with all required information present on each item (Lot #, inventory count, allergen sticker, etc.)
* Maintain First in First out guidelines (FIFO) on all stored goods
* Turn in paperwork in a timely manner
* Must keep equipment in good working order and use lock out tag out procedures for non-operation equipment
* Maintain battery room clean and organized at all times
* Change and maintain batteries, and associated equipment, in a timely manner
* Other duties as assigned by the Shift Lead, Manager and Supervisor
* High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate paperwork
* Must be able to work on your feet for up to 12 hours
* Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 60 pounds
* Must be able to work in cooler conditions of 35 degrees
* Must be at work on time and maintain good attendance
Chobani is a food maker with a mission of making high-quality and nutritious food accessible to more people, while elevating our communities and making the world a healthier place. In short: making good food for all. In support of this mission, we are a values-driven, people-first, food-and-wellness-focused company, and have been since Hamdi Ulukaya, an immigrant to the U.S., founded the company in 2005. We produce yogurt, oatmilk, dairy- and plant-based creamers, ready-to-drink coffee and plant-based probiotic drinks. Chobani yogurt is America's No.1 yogurt brand, and it's made with only natural ingredients without artificial preservatives.
Chobani uses food as a force for good in the world - putting humanity first in everything we do. Our philanthropic efforts prioritize giving back to our communities and beyond: working to eradicate child hunger, supporting immigrants, refugees and underrepresented people, honoring veterans, and protecting the planet. We manufacture our products in New York, Idaho, and Australia. Chobani products are available throughout North America and distributed in Australia and other select markets. For more information, please visit www.chobani.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
Compensation Range: $20.50 - $25.75, plus bonus.
Nearest Major Market: Idaho
Nearest Secondary Market: Twin Falls
Keywords: Chobani, Twin Falls , Fork Truck Operator (Grade 4) - A Shift (6:00 AM to 6:30 PM, every other weekend required), Education / Teaching , Twin Falls, Idaho
here to apply!