Engineer, Project III - Based in Memphis, TN (Must Relocate)
Company: FedEx Supply Chain
Location: Twin Falls
Posted on: June 7, 2019
Description: About FedEx Supply Chain FedEx Supply Chain, a
subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE\: FDX), is a leader in the
third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio
that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of
innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a
consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement
innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By
leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network,
FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide
flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for
customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and
35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain
manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million
returns each year. For more information, go to
supplychain.fedex.com. -- We Have---.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world---s
most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow
and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health,
vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more! -- General
Summary---. Position will sit in Memphis, TN. Relocation available
for qualified candidates. The Engineer, Project III will support
new business solutions and designs for customers.-- Incumbent will
assess complex data sets to drive facility layouts and optimize the
operation.-- He or she must have a detailed understanding and able
to apply project management techniques as it relates to managing
technical scopes of work for an integrated project plan. -- This
position will be responsible for---..
- Analyze multiple data sets and able to compile results to
support new facility layout design
- Assess inbound, outbound data files for volume profiles and
- Assess inventory files for SKU profile and how it relates to
design of systems
- Assess slotting profiling of SKU---s
- Leads translating the data to design a facility layout for
medium projects (less than 100,000 Sq Ft)
- Leads cross-functional teams in the development of process
flows through the facility and assess it against volume profiles to
understand impacts to operations
- Leads the review of customer specifications and understands
their impact to new building designs
- Leads the development of scopes of work for capital purchases
from third parties
- Leads the development of cost estimates for capital expenses
for medium capital projects (less than $1 million)
- Lead interface with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery and
compliance to the design specifications
- Key point of contact for capital equipment installation team,
sometimes requiring travel to site for commissioning/testing
- Leads presentations with internal and external customers
- Leads customer site visits to assess new business opportunities
providing technical expertise
- Able to balance competing priorities from both internal and
external customers. Qualification: You might be a great fit if---.
- Bachelor---s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related
engineering field required and 4+ years of relevant
- Familiar with a variety of the concepts, practices, and
procedures.-- Knowledge includes real-world understanding across
most areas of the warehouse design and in-depth knowledge of
subtleties and risks involved with one or more areas of design
- Expert analytic and problem solving capacity with large data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Detailed understanding of how to apply project management tools
including\: scheduling, risk management, budgeting, procurement,
and change orders.
- The incumbent must have a familiarity with a variety of
warehouse business systems, warehouse operation concepts,
practices, and processes.
- Ability to continuously learn and adapt new tools,
technologies; even when self-taught.
- Experienced in Six Sigma, Layout Design, Slotting
Tools/Techniques, Simulation, WMS Systems
- Detailed understanding and vast experience using 2D and 3D CAD
software packages to design warehouse layouts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work efficiently and effectively on concurrent engineering
- Excels at time management
- Customer service driven. -- Physical/Cognitive Requirements
With or without accommodation\:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.--
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. -- ADA
---FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals
with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process. --
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer.-- We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: FedEx Supply Chain, Twin Falls , Engineer, Project III - Based in Memphis, TN (Must Relocate), Engineering , Twin Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!