Case Specialist, Sr, Immigration (Bilingual Spanish
Company: The GEO Group
Location: Twin Falls
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Case Specialist, Sr, Immigration (Bilingual Spanish) in Twin
Falls, ID at The GEO Group, Inc. Experienced Case Managers-a world
of opportunities awaits you! Are you looking for the kind of
opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you've
worked so hard to build? We can help! We are looking for
Immigration Case Managers to fill the role of Government Site
Specialist for the Intensive Supervision Appearance Program (ISAP).
This alternative to detention program aims to supervise individuals
who are navigating the U.S. immigration court system. In this
dynamic role, you will use your criminal justice background and
experience in case management to assist ISAP participants following
the guidelines of our Department of Homeland Security contract.
Utilizing a combination of face-to-face case management meetings,
electronic monitoring technologies and home visits to engage
participants and drive compliance you will ensure that participants
attend court hearings and comply with conditions set by DHS. This
is a great opportunity to continue building your career in criminal
justice, psychology and/or social work and case management. If you
are passionate about influencing positive changes in the lives of
others, this may be the right opportunity for you! Job
Responsibilities As the Government Site Specialist, you will use
your background in criminal justice, psychology and/or social and
case management to develop, implement, and coordinate case
management and individual service plans for ISAP Program
Participants in conformance with program requirements. Additional
responsibilities for the Senior Specialist include:
- Meeting with participants face-to-face regularly as required by
government contractual obligations.
- Developing and maintaining accurate and complete case records
for all ISAP Program Participants from entry to release from ISAP,
maintaining confidentiality of all records.
- Conducting intake interviews and orientation sessions with each
ISAP Program Participant within contractual timeframes.
- Installing electronic monitoring equipment on ISAP Program
Participants as necessary and monitoring compliance with electronic
- Assisting Program Participants with acquiring travel documents
from the countries of citizenship and maintaining a log of travel
document information for each Program Participant.
- Evaluating English proficiency of ISAP Program Participants to
determine resources necessary to promote clear communication
between ISAP staff and the participants.
- Assess the needs and vulnerabilities of ISAP Program
Participants, and connect them with appropriate resources within
the community. Job Requirements Job Requirements As the Government
Site Specialist you must have excellent interpersonal, oral and
written communication skills, and demonstrated tact when
interacting with employees, community contracts, government
official, and participants. You will also need demonstrated sound
judgment and even temperament with the ability to deal tactfully
with the public. If this describes you, apply today! Additional
- A Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work,
Criminal Justice, or related social services/human service
- At least two years' relevant experience in a field related to
law, social work, detention, corrections, government, or similar
- Experience dealing with multicultural clients.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with
employees, community contacts, government officials and
participants. Ability to interpret and articulate rules, orders,
instructions and materials. Ability to compose reports.
- Ability to maintain self-control in stressful situations such
as interpersonal confrontations or emergencies, or defuse hostile
or unstable situations.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of immigration laws, regulations, and
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and the
- Ability to interpret electronic monitoring messages and daily
- Ability to type 35 words per minute to develop and maintain
case records by performing data entry.
- Must live in the United States 3 of the last 5 years(military
and study abroad accepted).
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) background check
and obtain a suitability determination. As a Government Site
Specialist, you will be part of a stable, established, and yet
still growing organization with a great deal of diversification,
which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since
we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to
move to other facilities as well as to different divisions within
the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication
and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that
includes full benefits. Your benefits will include:
- Two (2) weeks of Vacation
- Fifty-six (56) Hours of Sick time
- Eleven (11) paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal program - Legal Club of America
- Theme park and attraction discounts Your world of opportunities
begins here! Apply today! The GEO Group, Inc. utilizes The Work
Number to provide automated employment and income verification for
our current and past employees. PUBLIC SERVICE AGENCIES: please
visit 'Social Services' via the web at: www.theworknumber.com or
call 1-800-660-3399. E-Verify-- is a registered trademark of the
U.S. Department of Homeland Security Individuals with disabilities:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access GEO's
website as a result of your disability please click here to request
a reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Twin Falls , Case Specialist, Sr, Immigration (Bilingual Spanish, Other , Twin Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!