Workers' Compensation Claims Specialist III, CRS
Company: Holmes Murphy Associates
Location: Twin Falls
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation's largest privately held
insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect
wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride
ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and
who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of
"Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!"
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company
culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential,
there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every
employee within our company contributes their own unique talents
for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment
supports and cares for everyone's individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Workers' Compensation Claims Specialist to
join our Creative Risk Solutions team. Candidate must reside in the
state of Idaho and have a current, active adjuster's license to be
considered for the position. Candidates thrive in our environment
when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal
communication skills, and a love of learning. Qualified candidates
will have jurisdictional experience in one or more of the following
states: ID, UT.
This role will handle all workers' compensation claims and related
activity for designated accounts and to coordinate the activities,
workflow, and delivery of worker's compensation claim services for
Here's a bit of what you'd do:
- Receives, gathers and accurately transmits workers'
compensation information to the company, from communications with
the insured, claimants, and internal staff in a timely
- Investigates, evaluates, and resolves lost time Workers'
Compensation claims, including litigated claims.
- Mediates situations as they arise between the insured and the
insurance company, to include researching coverage issues.
- Enters and maintains accurate information on a computer system
during the claim process, to include final settlement
- Generates checks for indemnity and medical payments
- Compiles and interprets Workers' compensation reports on
designated accounts, as requested.
- Participates in claim reviews and attending Risk Control
Workshops when requested by agency partners or insureds. These
could be in person or by phone.
- Ability to adjudicate lost time claims in multiple
- Develops and monitors consistency in procedural matters of
claims handling process within CRS.
- Willingness to become licensed if required in jurisdiction
where claims are handled.
You'd also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and
abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to:
- Knowledge of Workers' Compensation insurance coverage and the
ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job
- Skillful knowledge of claims processing procedures.
- Ability to work with persons under adverse or highly emotional
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage
multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to learn various software programs.
- Must be knowledgeable of and comply with HMA's Client Privacy
Policy, HIPAA regulations and E&O procedures and policies.
And let's not forget the qualifications for the position:
- Education: High School education with college
- Experience: Minimum of five years claims experience with strong
background in Workers' Compensation claims handling.
- Jurisdictional expertise and required licensing as needed in
one or more of the following states: ID, UT
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and
vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits - We
know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our
employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement - We
support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing - Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum
contribution to every full-time employee's 401k. This means, even
if you're not in a position to set money aside for the future at
any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are
forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules - We truly want to
know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays - Yes,
we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do.
After all, you can't be at your best for our clients if you're not
at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off
and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you
- Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles
where you can make an impact and care for those around
- DE&I programs - Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating
every employee's unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I)
experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid
Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity
Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and
interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those
if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities -
Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion
opportunities because we believe growth is important - not only
with your financial wellbeing, but also your career
- Discretionary bonus opportunity - Yes, there is an annual
opportunity to make more money. Who doesn't love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Holmes Murphy Associates, Twin Falls , Workers' Compensation Claims Specialist III, CRS, Other , Twin Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!