Asphalt Plant Loader Operator- IMC Twin Falls
Company: CRH Plc.
Location: Twin Falls
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Job ID: 479391
Idaho Materials & Construction, is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Plant Loader Operator
Mountain West Division
Last Revised Date:
The Asphalt Plant Loader Operator is responsible for operating a variety of equipment and will also perform various duties on the construction and/or Asphalt plant. The employee will be involved/responsible for the daily operations at the plant and maintenance of the plant equipment. Scheduling all inbound materials and communicating with the production foreperson, Quality Control, and Plant Manager as required.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights safely and efficiently.
* Follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
* Report any problems to the Foreperson, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
* Follow direction of Foreperson as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
* Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the supervisor.
* Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
* Perform daily maintenance and greasing of the plant.
* Perform routine and daily housekeeping duties.
* Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing, and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
* Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
* May be called upon to run small power tools such as jack hammer.
* Lifts, carries and holds material, tools and supplies.
* Perform general laboring duties when necessary.
* Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
* 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
* Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions.
* Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or other project documents.
* Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
* Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
* Must be 18 years in age or older.
* Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
* Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
* Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
* Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
* Knowledge in operating heavy equipment.
* Basic Knowledge of mechanics.
* Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction and paving.
* Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations and construction sites.
* Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
GRIP - with at least 75 lbs. of force
CLIMBING - in, around, and on equipment
HEAVY LIFTING - of extremely awkward parts and equipment up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist AWKWARD POSITIONS - getting to and from both sitting and kneeling on the ground
FLEXIBILITY- awkward reaches
BALANCE - including standing and walking on extremely slick and uneven surfaces while carrying.
VISION- 20/40 corrected vision to see moving safety hazards, moving equipment, vehicles, and obstructions
HEARING - corrected to hear verbal safety warnings and instructions from coworkers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
* The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Idaho Materials & Construction, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Feb 20, 2023
Job ID: 479391
Keywords: CRH Plc., Twin Falls , Asphalt Plant Loader Operator- IMC Twin Falls, Other , Twin Falls, Idaho
here to apply!