Company: Western States Equipment Co
Location: Twin Falls
Posted on: January 16, 2020
The Field Service Technician independently repairs machines in the
field, shop, or customer's location. This role removes, installs,
repairs, and performs failure analysis of all Caterpillar engines,
electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, and electronic and
computer applications. Five years' experience and current CDL is
required; Caterpillar experience is preferred.
* Conducts necessary machine performance and diagnostic tests,
interprets results and makes an independent decision as to the
extent of machine repair.
* Uses troubleshooting methods to repair and diagnose machine and
attachment failures and performs repairs according to time
requirement guidelines (TRG) standards. Escalates unresolved issues
to Technical Communicators for further research and assistance.
* Adapts knowledge of Caterpillar machine systems to troubleshoot
and repair new equipment models.
* Performs work in the field, shop, or at customer locations which
can include overtime and overnight assignments.
* Repairs machines without error and consistently repairs machines
within the time requirement guidelines.
* Repairs warranty and service letter issues efficiently and as
soon as possible.
* Uses web based STW, SIS, and ET effectively to address technical
issues. Performs all required tasks in accordance with outlined
* Conducts business professionally. Maintains self control and
integrity in stressful situations. Maintains a professional
* Adheres to all customer requirements while on job site.
* Orders parts required to complete repairs. Evaluates parts to
determine reusability and cause of failure.
* Completes service reports, time entry, and all other paperwork
and reporting on a laptop and submits them daily via e-mail.
* Communicates machine issues, problem resolution plan(s) and
status of repair(s) to customer during repairs.
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to
all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of
Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to self-schedule and perform duties with minimal
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other
comparable systems required.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with others to include customers, vendors, employees and the
* Knowledgeable in all Caterpillar machine systems.
* Ability to work overtime with minimal notice required.
* Ability to drive for long periods of time and travel away from
home as required.
* Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Associates Degree or technical training from an accredited
vocational school preferred.
* Five years experience in diagnosis and repair of heavy equipment.
Knowledge of scrapers and crawler tractors, loaders, excavators,
off highway trucks, required. Caterpillar experience preferred.
* Prior experience in troubleshooting methods and systems
* Must own required tools.
* Must have a current CDL with air brake experience and acceptable
driving record. Must meet DOT requirements.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with
walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling,
leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Twin Falls , Field Technician, Professions , Twin Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!