Power Systems Field Technician
Company: Western States Equipment Co
Location: Twin Falls
Posted on: November 23, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Repairs power generation units to the customer's
satisfaction in the field, shop or customer's location. Removes,
installs, diagnoses, repairs, disassembles, assembles and performs
failure analyses of all power generation units.
* Conducts necessary machine performance and diagnostic tests,
interprets results and makes an independent decision as to the
extent of the power generation repair.
* Performs work in the field, shop, or at customer locations which
can include overtime and overnight assignments.
* Repairs units without error and consistently repairs units within
the time requirement guidelines.
* Repairs warranty and service letter issues efficiently and as
soon as possible.
* Uses web based STW, SIS, and ET effectively to address technical
issues. Performs all required tasks in accordance with outlined
* Conducts business professionally. Maintains self control and
integrity in stressful situations. Maintains a professional
* Adheres to all customer requirements while on job site.
* Orders parts required to complete repairs. Evaluates parts to
determine reusability and cause of failure.
* Completes service reports, time entry, and all other paperwork
and reporting on a laptop and submits them daily via e-mail.
* Communicates machine issues, problem resolution plan(s) and
status of repair(s) to customer during repairs.
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to
all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of
Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Working knowledge of power generation.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to self-schedule and perform duties with minimal
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other
comparable systems required.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with others to include customers, vendors, employees and the
* Ability to work overtime with minimal notice required.
* Ability to drive for long periods of time and travel away from
home as required.
* Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Five years experience in diagnosis and repair of power generation
equipment in a Caterpillar environment required.
* Comprehensive knowledge on how to disassemble, assemble, remove
and install machine components, and systems required.
* Prior experience in troubleshooting methods and systems
* Must own required tools.
* Must have a current CDL with air brake experience and acceptable
driving record. Must meet DOT requirements.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with
walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling,
leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Twin Falls , Power Systems Field Technician, Professions , Twin Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!